Plate, Nishi Azabu プレート西麻布

Plate is the successor to the always enjoyable Rendez Vous de Tokyo and still run by the ever-bubbly Ayano-san (that's her on the bottom right). The southern-French influenced food is excellent and she is more than solicitous with the wines, which left me with a headache the next morning but I'm far from complaining :-)



They have a dinner menu for 8,640 yen but it's a lot of courses, so you can subtract certain items for 1,000 yen each. It's a unique and interesting system if you're not hungry enough to go the whole hog. My meal is displayed below but, because I was concentrating on eating it, I forgot to take a photo of my lamb (which was very good).

This is an informal and rather fun establishment, yet deadly serious about their cooking. I highly recommend them and give 4 stars for the total experience.

Amuse of scampi

 Pork cheek with truffle and orange (it is hidden under the leaves)


Tagliatelle with crab 


I didn't partake of the cheese personally, but it looked GOOD


Forgot to take my NZ lamb loin! I'll have to go back again to get a pic ;-)

Date and pistaccio pound cake with pistaccio ice cream



http://arigatoinc.com/
Tel: 080-4689-9059

Comments

Popular Posts