Higashiyama, Naka Meguro 東山 中目黒

Higashiyama is a beautifully minimalist modern izakaya located in Naka Meguro, a bit of a hike from the station not far from Yamate Dori. The food is modern Japanese and consists of little creations which in the set menu I ordered on a recent visit included sashimi, daikon and crab, a salad with animal organs of unknown origin, gingko nuts, beef (among some others which I can't remember now!). In a burst of excess I also ordered some pork belly which was grilled to perfection and served with wasabi. This was washed down very pleasantly by my dining partner and I with a bottle of Californian Chardonnay and a glass of Zifandel.

Higashiyama is definitely a place worth experiencing, especially with out-of-towners who will be sure to appreciate the unique modern Japanese izakaya experience.

http://www.higashiyama-tokyo.jp/e/index2.htm
Tel: 03-5720-1350

Comments

Popular Posts